Microprocessors VIVA Objective type questions, Microprocessors VIVA Questions and Answers for experienced
Microprocessors VIVA Questions and Answers List
1. How many bit 8086 microprocessor is?
2. What is the size of data bus of 8086?
3. What is the size of address bus of 8086?
4. What is the max memory addressing capacity of 8086?
5. Which are the basic parts of 8086?
6. What are the functions of BIU?
7. What are the functions of EU?
8. How many pin IC 8086 is?
9. What IC8086 is?
10. What is the size of instruction queue in 8086?
11. What is the size of instruction queue in 8088?
12. Which are the registers present in 8086?
13. What do you mean by pipelining in 8086?
14. How many 16 bit registers are available in 8086?
15. Specify addressing modes for any instruction?
16. What do you mean by assembler directives?
17. What is the supply requirement of 8086?
18. What is the relation between 8086 processor frequency & crystal frequency?
19. Functions of Accumulator or AX register?
20. Functions of BX register?
21. Functions of CX register?
22. Functions of DX register?
23. How Physical address is generated?
24. Which are pointers present in this 8086?
25. How many segments present in it?
26. What is the size of each segment?
27. Basic difference between 8051 and 8086?
28. What is meant by Maskable interrupts? – An interrupt that can be turned off by the programmer is known as Maskable interrupt.
29. What is Non-Maskable interrupts? – An interrupt which can be never be turned off (ie.disabled) is known as Non-Maskable interrupt.
30. Which interrupts are generally used for critical events? – Non-Maskable interrupts are used in critical events. Such as Power failure, Emergency, Shut off etc.,
31. What is the Maximum clock frequency in 8086? – 5 Mhz is the Maximum clock frequency in 8086.
32. What are the various segment registers in 8086? – Code, Data, Stack, Extra Segment registers in 8086.
33. Which Stack is used in 8086? – FIFO (First In First Out) stack is used in 8086.In this type of Stack the first stored information is retrieved first.
34. What is SIM and RIM instructions? – SIM is Set Interrupt Mask. Used to mask the hardware interrupts. RIM is Read Interrupt Mask. Used to check whether the interrupt is Masked or not.
35. Which is the tool used to connect the user and the computer? – Interpreter is the tool used to connect the user and the tool.
36. What is the position of the Stack Pointer after the PUSH instruction? – The address line is 02 less than the earlier value.
37. What is the position of the Stack Pointer after the POP instruction? – The address line is 02 greater than the earlier value.
38. Logic calculations are done in which type of registers? – Accumulator is the register in which Arithmetic and Logic calculations are done.
39. What are the different functional units in 8086? – Bus Interface Unit and Execution unit, are the two different functional units in 8086.
40. Give examples for Micro controller? – Z80, Intel MSC51 &96, Motorola are the best examples of Microcontroller.
41. What is meant by cross-compiler? – A program runs on one machine and executes on another is called as cross-compiler.
42. Which Segment is used to store interrupt and subroutine return address registers? – Stack Segment in segment register is used to store interrupt and subroutine return address registers.
43. Which Flags can be set or reset by the programmer and also used to control the operation of the processor? – Trace Flag, Interrupt Flag, Direction Flag.
44. What does EU do? – Execution Unit receives program instruction codes and data from BIU, executes these instructions and store the result in general registers.
45. Which microprocessor accepts the program written for 8086 without any changes? – 8088 is that processor.
46. What is the difference between 8086 and 8088? – The BIU in 8088 is 8-bit data bus & 16- bit in 8086.Instruction queue is 4 byte long in 8088and 6 byte in 8086.
47. What is the difference between min mode and max mode of 8086?
48. What is the difference between near and far procedure?
49. What is the difference between Macro and procedure?
50. What is the difference between instructions RET & IRET?
51. What is the difference between instructions MUL & IMUL?
52. What is the difference between instructions DIV & IDIV?
53. What is difference between shifts and rotate instructions?
54. Which are strings related instructions?
55. Which are addressing modes and their examples in 8086?
56. What does u mean by directives?
57. What does u mean by Prefix?
58. What .model small means?
59. Difference between small, medium, tiny, huge?
60. What is dd, dw, db?
61. Interrupts in 8086 and there function.
62. What is the function of 01h of Int 21h?
63. What is the function of 02h of Int 21h?
64. What is the function of 09h of Int 21h?
65. What is the function of 0Ah of Int 21h?
66. What is the function of 4ch of Int 21h?
67. What is the size of flag register in 8086? Explain all.
68. Which are the default segment base: offset pairs?
69. Can we use SP as offset address holder with CS?
70. Which are the base registers in 8086?
71. Which is the index registers in 8086?
72. What do you mean by macro?
73. What is diff between macro and procedure?
74. What TASM is?
75. What do u mean by assembler?
76. What do u mean by linker?
77. What do u mean by loader?
78. What do u mean by compiler?
79. What do u mean by emulator?
80. Stack related instruction?
81. What is the size of flag register?
82. Can you perform 32 bit operation with 8086? How?
83. Whether 8086 is compatible with Pentium processor?
84. While accepting no. from user why u need to subtract 30 from that?
85. What are ASCII codes for nos. 0 to F?
86. How does U differentiate between positive and negative numbers?
87. What is range for these numbers?
88. Which no. representation system you have used?
89. What is LEA?
90. What is maximum size of the instruction in 8086?
91. Why we indicate FF as 0FF in program?
92. What is the advantage of using internal registers?
93. What is SI, DI and their functions?
94. Which are the pointers used in 8086 and their functions?
95. What is a type of queue in 8086?
96. What is minimum mode of 8086?
97. What is maximum mode of 8086?
98. Which are string instructions?
99. In string operations which is by default string source pointer?
100. What IC 8255 is?