Read the most frequently asked 100 top SharePoint multiple choice questions and answers PDF for freshers and experienced
Sharepoint Objective type Questions and Answers List
1.What are the Correct statements about Configuration Database in SharePoint 2007.
A. Every Web Application has its own Configuration DB.
B. A Farm can have only a single config DB.
C. All the servers in a same farm are registered in the same Config DB.
D. A Config DB is created after running the Configuration WizarD.
2.Select the correct SQL Server Database versions which can be used for SharePoint Installation.
A. SQL Server 2008
B. SQL Server 2005
C. SQL Server 2000 with SP1
D. SQL Server 2000 with SP3a
3. Select the correct software configuration combination which can be used to install SharePoint 2007.
A. .NET 2.0 with Windows XP
B. .NET 2.0 , Windows Server 2003 Enterprise (SP1), IIS 6.0
C. .NET 2.0 , Windows Server 2003 , IIS 5.0
D. .NET 2.0 , Windows Server 2003 Standard (SP1), IIS 6.0
4. Select the correct activities happening while doing the SharePoint Installation (Multiple Select).
A. IIS modification happens during running the Configuration WizarD.
B. IIS modification happens during installing the SharePoint Server.
C. A Web Application is created to host Central Administration while running the Configuration WizarD.
D. A Config DB is created for the SharePoint Farm while running the Configuration WizarD.
5.Choose the correct options regarding SharePoint Installation.
A. Selecting Basic & Stand Alone mode allows to install SharePoint Server with SQL Server Express Edition.
B. Web Front End also install the Shared Services on the machine.
C. We can not choose Web Front End mode while installing SharePoint for a Server until we have a Complete installation on one server in the farm.
D. Complete Installation allows to add/remove servers from the farm.
6. Adding a server to provide only Excel Services to an existing SharePoint Farm,what kind of installation we need to perform on the Server.
C. Web Front End
7. To add a server to an existing SharePoint Farm which serves only as web front End machine, what kind of installation we can perform.
C. Web Front End
8. Following Databases are created after the successful completion of the configuring wizard in SharePoint
A. Cofig DB for the SharePoint Farm
B. SSP Content DB
C. Content DB for the Central Admin
D. Config DB for the Central Admin
9. Select correct statements regarding the changes in IIS during the installation and configuration of SharePoint 2007.
A. No changes were made to IIS during the installation of SharePoint Server 2007
B. 2 Application pools are created in IIS after the Configuration Wizard
C. The Central Administration Web site was created using the SharePoint Central Administration 3.0 application pool.
D. The Central Administration Web site was created using the OfficeServerApplicationPool application pool.
10. Name the two application pool accounts which are created after successful completion of configuration Wizard of SharePoint 2007.
A. SharePoint Central Administration 3.0
D. SharePoint Administration 3.0
11. Choose the correct statements about Variations used in SharePoint 2007 .
A. For Variation to work Office SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure should be activateD.
B. Variation changes the content into the specified language while copying into the target site.
C. For content to be pushed from source to target, it must share a content type
D. Variation can copy the data from target site to parent site.
12. Select the correct combination for the available features and the SharePoint Server License Type.
A. Standard – Excel Service
B. Enterprise – Excel Service
C. Enterprise – Report Service
D. Standard – InfoPath Forms Services
13.Name the three stages of Quiescing in SharePoint 2007
14. What are the correct statement with the Feature Installation/Activation in SharePoint
A. Feature can only be Installed through STSADM commands
B. Feature can be Installed through Central Administration
C. Feature needs to be deactivated from SharePoint side where it is activated, before uninstalling the Feature
D. Feature can be uninstalled through STSADM Commands as well from Central Administration
15. Choose the Correct steps required to deploy a feature in SharePoint
A. Create a Folder in C.\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\12\TEMPLATE\FEATURES
B. Create a Folder in C.\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\12\bin\FEATURES
C. Create a Feature.xml file in the Feature Folder Created
D. Use Central Administration to Install the Feature
16. What is the Database which get created when we install WSS keeping all the defaults while installing
A. SQL Server 2000 Compact Edition
B. SQL Server 2005 Embedded Edition
C. SQL Server 2000 Embedded Edition
D. SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition
17. What kind of Site Template we need to select for the site collection on the Destination Server Farm to receive the initial deployment job while using Content Deployment Feature in SharePoint 2007.
A. Publishing Template
B. Team Site
D. Any Template can be used
18. Select the Information Management Policy which is not available in SharePoint 2007 by default.
19. Select the wrong STSADM commands related to Solution Deployment in SharePoint 2007.
A. stsadm -o addsolution -filename SampleSolution.wsp
B. stsadm -o deploysolution -name SampleSolution.wsp
C. stsadm -o retractsolution -name SampleSolution.wsp
D. stsadm -o removesolution -name SampleSolution.wsp
20. When we take the Content DB associated with a web application to Offline status what effect it has on the sites in SharePoint 2007.
A. User can not browse any site collection created in the content dB.
B. No New further site collection can be created in this content dB.
C. No new sub sites can be created in the site collections already created in this content db
D. No modification can be made in the site collections associated with the content db and they become read only.
21. Which of them is not the Core Upgrade methods to migrate from SharePoint 2003 to Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007.
A. InPlace Upgrade
B. Gradual Upgrade
C. OutPlace Upgrade
D. Content DB Migration
22. You are planning to migrate from WSS 2.0 to WSS 3.0. What are the correct migration path which are possible.
A. WSS 2.0 to Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
B. WSS 2.0 to WSS 3.0
C. SharePoint Portal Server 2003 to Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
D. Content Management Server to Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
23. Which Information Management Policy does not come OOB with SharePoint 2007.
24. While enabling Diagnostic Logging in Event Log what are the levels which are available which can be reported .
D. Audit Failure
25. While enabling Diagnostic Logging in Trace Log what is the levels which is not available which can be reporteD.
26. What are the correct statements regarding Recycle Bin in the SharePoint 2007.
A. There are two level of Recycle Bin in SharePoint 2007.
B. We can turn off both stage Recycle Bin through Central Admin.
C. We can turn off only only second stage Recycle Bin through Central Admin.
D. Once the Recycle Bin status is turned off all the deleted items in the recycle bin are permanently deleted
27. Select the correct server roles which we can have on different Servers in a Microsoft Office SharePoint 2007 Farm .
A. Index Server
B. Forms Server
C. Query Server
D. Excel Calculation Server
28. What is the new STSADM command which is introduced with SP2 release of SharePoint Server 2007.
D. No new command has been introduced with SP2 pack
29. Select the correct objects for which the Change Log feature in SharePoint tracks the changes .
A. Binary deployment
B. List metadata
C. List Items
D. Web Parts
30. Which is not the correct version of CAL (Client Access License) available for SharePoint Server.
A. Office SharePoint Server 2007 Standard Edition
B. Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
C. Office SharePoint Server 2007 Enterprise Edition
D. Office SharePoint Server 2007 Developer Edition
31. Following statements are correct for the domain account that is used to deploy SharePoint 2007..
A. Account should be local administrator on the Web servers
B. Account should be added as in the dbcreator role of SQL Server
C. Account should be added as in the securityadmin role of SQL Server
D. Added in the db_owner role in the master database in SQL Server
32. Which is the user account SharePoint uses to access the configuration database or the content database for the Central Administration site.
A. The Farm Administrator Account
B. The Site Collection Administrator for the Central Administration Site
C. The System account configured as the identity of the application pool
D. The domain account that is used to deploy SharePoint
33.What are correct statements about the Managed Path in SharePoint 2007
A. Managed Path can be created of type “Wildcard Inclusion”
B. Managed Path can be created of type “Explicit Inclusion”
C. Managed Path are created at Web Application Level
D. Managed Path are created at Farm Level
34.Following type of content sources can be crawled by default in SharePoint 2007
A. SharePoint Sites
B. Web Sites
C. File Share
D. Exchange Public Folder
35. Select the correct caching which is available in SharePoint 2007
A. Output Caching
B. Object Caching
C. Disk Based Caching
D. Page Caching
36. Select the correct statements.
A. BUILTIN\Administrators is a member of the Farm Administrators group by default
B. BUILTIN\Administrators is not a member of the Farm Administrators group by default
C. By default Farm Administrators are Site Collection Administrators for all the site collections in the farm.
D. By default Farm Administrators are not the Site Collection Administrators for all the site collections in the farm.
37. The acronym WSS stands for what?
A. Windows Sharepoint Services
B. Windows Services Sharepoint
C. Windows Solid State
D. Windows Solely Solid
38. To stop the OWS Timer what is the best command to run?
39. The 12 Hive is found in WSS v3 in what location?
A. %CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\Web Server extensions\15\
B. %CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\Web Server extensions\12\
C. %CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\Web Server extensions\10\
D. %CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\Web Server extensions\21\
40. A farm is made-up of one or more what?
A. Web commands
B. Web systems
C. Web services
D. Web applications
41. In Sharepoint 2007 when in the template selection wizard – what two tabs are MOSS only options?
A. Enterprise and Development
B. Enterprise and Wiki
C. Blog and Development
D. Colloboration and Development
42. The top level web site in a site collection is what?
A. The root
B. The nest
C. The parent
D. The top
43. In Sharepoint 2007 – to create a web application you
would use what?
A. The Sharepoint 2.0 Central Administration Site
B. The Sharepoint 3.0 Local Administration Site
C. The Sharepoint 3.0 Central Administration Site
D. The Microsoft 3.15 Central Administration Site
44. A site collection is called an?
45. WSS v3 introduced what?
A. Data columns and site columns
B. Content types and site columns
C. Content types and directed lookup columns
D. Content types and wiki columns
46. All web sites and workspaces below the parent site are called what?
A. Child web sites
B. Parent web sites
C. Fortified web sites
D. Vertical web sites
47. Using Powershell in Sharepoint 2010 which command is best to use for listing all sites on a farm?
48. In Powershell 2010 what is the best cmdlet to discover commands?
49. What are two new features in Sharepoint 2010?
A. Document Refernce and document
B. Document ID’s and document sets
C. Document objects and document sets
D. Document ID’s and document parts
50. This tool helps with Metadata groups?
A. The term store management stool
B. The term store management bool
C. The term store management tool
D. The term store management fool
51. In Sharepoint 2010 these are three search center templates?
A. Enterprise Center, Basic Center, Fast Center
B. Enterprise Search Center, Basic Search Center, Fast Search Center
C. Search Center, Search Center2, Search Center3
D. Enterprise Search Center, Canvas Search Center, Blinky Search Center
52. Settings for managed properties can be configured programatically using what?
A. Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.Managed property class
B. Microsoft.Office.Sever.Search.Administration.Managed property class
C. Microsoft.Office.Server.Arch.Administration.Managed property class
D. Microsoft.Location.Server.Search.Administration.Managed property class
53. A web service used for connections?
54. A list can support how many list items in Sharepoint 2010?
A. 80 million items
B. 70 million items
C. 60 million items
D. 50 million items
55. The Powershell command to list the shell administrator?
56. The Powershell command to access farm configurations?
57. What command best describes how to enable Kerberos?
A. cscript c:\inetpub\admin\adsulti.vbs set W3SVC/
B. cscript c:\inetpub\admin scripts\adsulti.vbs set W3SVC/
C. cscript c:\inetpub\admin scripts\adsutil.vbs set W3SVC/
D. script c:\inetpub\admin scripts\adsulti.vbs set W3SVC/
58. What command best describes how blocked file types can be managed from the command line?
A. stsadm -o blockedlist -extension
B. stsadm -o blockedfilelist -extension
C. stsadm -o blockedfilelist -ext
D. stsadm -b blockedfilelist -extension
59. What best describes the visitors group?
A. Should have read only access
B. Should have contribute access
C. Should have execute access
D. Should have zero access
60. What best describes the members group?
A. Has read access by default
B. Has delete rights by default
C. Has contributor rights by default
D. Has zero rights by default
61. What port is typically are used for SMB (Server Message Block)?
61. What ports are typically used for NetBios?
62. What ports are typically used for SQL Server?
A. 1431 and 1432
B. 1430 and 1435
C. 1436 and 1439
D. 1433 and 1434
63. What command best describes the way to change a TCP port?
A. stsadm -o setadminport -port
64. What best describes how to obtain permission levels?
A. Site hashing -> site settings -> users and permissions -> advanced permissions
B. Site actions -> site rightings -> users and permissions -> advanced permissions
C. Site actions -> site settings -> users and permissions -> advanced permissions
D. Site actions -> site settings -> users -> advanced Permissions
65. What best describes the security trimmed user interface (UI)?
A. Disallow users from viewing lists, documents and options not available to them
B. Allow users from viewing lists, documents and options not available to them
C. Disallow users from viewing pages, documents and pages not available to them
D. Disallow admins from viewing lists, documents and options not available to them
66. What best describes the search database?
A. Hosts lists – mainly of metadata and crawl histories
B. Hosts content – mainly of metadata and crawl histories
C. Hosts content – mainly of metadeals and crawl histories
D. Hosts a combo – mainly of metadata and crawl Histories
67. What best describes a user profile element?
A. firstname, lastname, name, personal site information, primary active directory account, customizable fields
B. firstname, personal site information, primary active directory account, customizable fields
C. firstname, primary active directory account, customizable fields
D. firstname, lastname, customizable fields
68. What best describes the full import schedule?
A. Usually only run after changing the access source or admin account
B. Usually only run after changing the admin account or source
C. Usually only run after changing the access account or source
D. Usually only run after deleting the access account or source
69. What best describes an audience?
A. A way to present information to users by targeting
B. A way to display information to users by targeting
C. A way to prevent coding to users by targeting
D. A way to present information to users by targeting
70. What is the best way to view the import log?
A. Shared administration -> user profiles and properties -> view import log
B. Shared services adminsitration -> properties -> view import log
C. Shared services administration -> user profiles and properties -> view import logs
D. Shared services adminsitration -> user profiles and properties -> view import log
71. What best describes the SSP?
A. Shared Services Provider
B. Shared Shovel Provider
C. Session Services Provider
D. Shared Surefire Provider
72. What best describes modifying user profiles?
A. Shared self serve administration -> user profilesand my sites -> user profiles and properties
B. Shared services administration -> user profiles and my sites -> user profiles and properties
C. Shared services administration -> user pros and my sites -> user profiles and properties
D. Shared services administration -> user profiles and my highlights -> user profiles and properties
73. What best describes the office sharepoint usage reporting enable?
A. Central administration -> ops -> logging and reporting ->usage analysis processing
B. Central administration -> operations -> logs and reporting ->usage analysis processing
C. Central administration -> operations -> logging and reporting ->usage analysis processing
D. Central administration -> operations -> logging and reports ->usage analysis processing
74. What best describes where all profile property policies can be managed?
A. Shared services administration -> user profiles and mysites -> profile services policies
B. Shared services administration -> user pros and mysites -> profile services policies
C. Shared services administration -> user profiles and mysites -> profile services police
D. Shared serving administration -> user profiles and mysites -> profile services policies
75. What best describes the string property type?
A. Cannot be longer then a combination of 200 characters
B. Cannot be longer then a combination of 300 characters
C. Cannot be longer then a combination of 400 characters
D. Cannot be longer then a combination of 500 Characters
76. What best describes starting the Sharepoint Designer?
A. Start -> all programs -> microsoft off -> microsoft office sharepoint designer 2007 -> connect to the
sharepoint site -> file -> open file
B. Start -> all programs -> microsoft office -> microsoft office sharepoint designer 2007 -> connect to the sharepoint site -> file -> open file
C. Start -> all programs -> microsoft office -> microsoft office sharepoint designer -> connect to the sharepoint site -> fizzle -> open file
D. Start -> microsoft office -> microsoft office sharepoint designer 2007 -> connect to the sharepoint site -> file -> open file
77. What are display modes of Sharepoint Designer 2007?
A. Design, Code, Split
B. Design, Code, Spit
C. Design, Ode, Split
D. Sign, Code, Split
78. The content of a MOSS site is stored in what?
A. A page file
B. A pig file
C. A pog file
D. A snap file
79. The content of a WSS site is built upon what?
A. Shared default.asp file
B. Shared default.as file
C. Shared default.spx file
D. Shared default.aspx file
80. What best describes a backup of a website in Sharepoint Designer 2007?
A. Open sit -> site -> administration -> backup web site
B. Open site -> site -> backup web site
C. Open site -> site -> administration -> backup web site
D. Open site -> site -> admin -> backin web site
81. What is the best stsadm command to create an empty site?
A. stsadm -c createweb -url
B. stsadm -o createweb -url
C. stsadm -o web -url
D. stsadm -o createweb -uri
82. A smartpage is another name for what?
A. Web page
B. Web section page
C. Web part page
D. Web admin page
83. What best describes unghosted sites, they are produced by what?
A. Customized by sharepoint deco
B. Customized by sharepoint 2001
C. Customized by sharepoint 2003
D. Customized by sharepoint designer
84. What keyword in onet.xml files is used to prohibit a site page from being editied by Sharepoint Designer?
85. What best describes ghosted sites?
A. Default way that page definitions work
B. Default way that sight definitions work
C. Default way that site arguments work
D. Default way that site definitions work