Read the most frequently asked 110 top Manual Testing interview questions and answers for freshers and experienced job interview questions pdf
Manual Testing Testing Interview Questions and Answers List
1. Explain the Manual testing process?
Manual Testing Process :
Process is a roadmap to develop the project is consists a number of sequential steps.
Software Testing Life Cycle:
• Test Plan
• Test Development
• Test Execution
• Analyse Results
• Defect Tracking
• Summarise Report
Test Plan :
It is a document which describes the testing environment, purpose, scope, objectives, test strategy, schedules, mile stones, testing tool, roles and responsibilities, risks, training, staffing and who is going to test the application, what type of tests should be performed and how it will track the defects.
Test Development :
• Preparing test cases
• Preparing test data
• Preparing test procedure
• Preparing test scenario
• Writing test script
Test Execution :
In this phase we execute the documents those are prepared in test development phase.
Analyse result :
Once executed documents will get results either pass or fail. we need to analyse the results during this phase.
Defect Tracking :
When ever we get defect on the application we need to prepare the bug report file and forwards to Test Team Lead and Dev Team. The Dev Team will fix the bug. Again we have to test the application. This cycle repeats till we get the software with our defects.
Summarise Reports :
• Test Reports
• Bug Reports
• Test Documentation
2 . What is diff. between CMMI and CMM levels?
CMM: – this is applicable only for software industry. KPAs -18
CMMI: – This is applicable for software, out sourcing and all other industries. KPA – 25
3. What is the scalability testing?
1. Scalabilty is nothing but how many users that the application should handle
2. Scalability is nothing but maximum no of users that the system can handle
3. Scalability testing is a subtype of performance test where performance requirements for response time, throughput, and/or utilization are tested as load on the SUT is increased over time.
4. As a part of scalability testing we test the expandability of the application. In scalability we test 1.Applicaation scalability, 2.Performance scalability
Application scalability: to test the possibility of implementing new features in the system or updating the existing features of the system. With the help of design doc we do this testing
Performance scalability: To test how the s/w perform when it is subjected to varying loads to measure and to evaluate the
Performance behavior and the ability for the s/w to continue to function properly under different workloads.
–> The point within an application that when subjected to increasing workload begin to degrade in terms of end user experience and system tolerance
–> Response time
System resource utilization
? stress testing
4. What is status of defect when you are performing regression testing?
5. What is the first test in software testing process?
A) Monkey testing
B) Unit Testing
c) Static analysis
d) None of the above
Unit testing is the first test in testing process, though it is done by developers after the completion of coding it is correct one.
6. When will the testing starts? a) Once the requirements are Complete b) In requirement phase?
Once the requirements are complete.
This is Static testing. Here, u r supposed to read the documents (requirements) and it is quite a common issue in S/w industry that many requirements contradict with other requirements. These are also can be reported as bugs. However, they will be reviewed before reporting them as bugs (defects).
7. What is the part of Qa and QC in refinement v model?
V model is a kind of SDLC. QC (Quality Control) team tests the developed product for quality. It deals only with product, both in static and dynamic testing. QA (Quality Assurance) team works on the process and manages for better quality in the process. It deals with (reviews) everything right from collecting requirements to delivery.
8. What are the bugs we cannot find in black box?
If there r any bugs in security settings of the pages or any other internal mistake made in coding cannot be found in black box testing.
9. What are Microsoft 6 rules?
As far as my knowledge these rules are used at user Interface test.
These are also called Microsoft windows standards. They are
. GUI objects are aligned in windows
• All defined text is visible on a GUI object
• Labels on GUI objects are capitalized
• Each label includes an underlined letter (mnemonics)
• Each window includes an OK button, a Cancel button, and a System menu
10. What are the steps to test any software through automation tools?
First, you need to segregate the test cases that can be automated. Then, prepare test data as per the requirements of those test cases. Write reusable functions which are used frequently in those test cases. Now, prepare the test scripts using those reusable functions and by applying loops and conditions where ever necessary. However, Automation framework that is followed in the organization
should strictly follow through out the process.
11. What is Defect removable efficiency?
The DRE is the percentage of defects that have been removed
during an activity, computed with the equation below. The DRE can also be computed for each software development activity and plotted on a bar graph to show the relative defect removal efficiencies for each activity. Or, the DRE may be computed for a specific task or technique (e.g. design inspection, code walkthrough, unit test, 6 month operation, etc.) Number Defects Removed
DRE = –—————————————————— * 100
Number Defects at Start of Process
DRE=A/A+B = 0.8
A = Testing Team (Defects by testing team)
B = customer ( ” ” customer )