Read the most frequently asked 200 top SAP SD interview questions and answers for freshers and experienced job interview questions pdf
SAP SD Interview Questions and Answers List
1. What do you mean by drop shipment?
A drop shipment is based on an order from a customer to a Distributor. The distributor initiates the shipment by Informing the wholesaler.
2. What is the use of sales area?
Sales area is the geographical aspect of that particular Company code, from there we can generate the reports.
3. How does the rule MALA decide the picking location?
1. SHIPPING POINT
3. STORAGE CONDITION
4. STORAGE LOCATION
4. What is the difference between customization and configuration?
Customization word used for Master Data maintenance. And Configuration word used for pricing Procedure Determination.
5. Is it possible to do delivery without shipping point?
No. Shipping point is the destination of the goods, how we can ship the goods. It is like mailing letter without TO address.
6. Explain about smart forms?
Smart form – it is a form. Basically it is using in output.
7. How sales document is structured?
Header responsible for all the documents
Item for materials
Schedule line for quantity and delivery
8. In sales order how system does picks up plant?
We assign particular material master to particular
Plant it picks up from there.
9. Without delivery can you do billing?
Without delivery invoice is not possible.
10. Could you explain about sales deals?
Company Has Launched a new product, for a that material you Want to have a promotion for this you will creating a sales deal and assign it to sales promotion and you maintain condition groups.
11. What is the use of pricing date in condition type?
It shows date of calculation of pricing procedure for that Particular document. So that in future you can see the date On which pricing calculated for that particular doc.
12. WHAT DOES A/C GROUP CONTROL CUSTOMER?
Account Group is like a control Parameter for the customer master. Most of the fields in the customer master are controlled Using Field Selection, which is internal function of Account Group.
13. Can you explain about Higher-level item category and item usage
Sales Document Type (OR)
Item Category Group (NORM)
Item Usage (FREE)
Higher Level Item Category (TAN)
Item Category of Free Goods (TANN)
14. Why do you need project IMG?
IMG is required for the purpose of customizing and Configuration. There is no role of functional consultant Without it.
15. How we assigned sales organization to delivering plant?
Path: SPRO-IMG-Enterprise Structure-Assignment-SD-Assign Plant to Sales Organization/Dist.Channel
16. How to extend material and customer to other sales areas?
Sales area is a combination of s.org, dist channel & Division. Division is a logical grouping of products. So you Cannot extend material to other sales areas. But u can Extend customer to other sales areas through common Distribution channel & division.
17. How can we process out bound deliveries without shipping point?
Shipping point is a mandatory Organizational unit for outbound delivery process.
18.While I am creating a customer in ship to party account group you have shipping and billing partner function tab pages, client wants to shift all important fields in billing like payment terms, incoterms , and tax classification into shipping tab page. He wants only shipping partner function only, how does you customize?
Field Selection will help you maintain the fields relevant To Shipping, Ship to party function will be able to see only shipping related fields.
19. Why do I use condition indexes? How do you activate them?
Condition Index is used to search all the conditions Records for a particular condition type (eg PR00). We Activate condition index in the customizing screen of the
Menu Path: SPRO>>Sales & Distribution>>Basic
Functions>>Pricing>>Pricing Control>>Define Condition
Types>> Maintain Condition Types>> Enter PR00
20. Is it possible to release change request, without releasing task.
Once we can release the task, then only we can release the Change/customizing request.
21. Product attributes means?
Product attributes is nothing but the features of product.
22. Can one have multiple packing for delivery?
YES WE CAN HAVE MULTIPLE PACKING FOR A SINGLE DELIVERY
23. Explain EDI and its usage?
Edi – it helps for data transfer
That means from sap or non sap to sap
24. To extend material one plants to another plant what are the configuration you done in your project?
We have to create in new plant as we have followed for First plant, where as in first plant system will give Internal number but for second plant we have to mention
25. What is the client specific data? Give two examples of client specific data?
26. How to stop PGI?
IN CREDIT MANAGEMENT WE STOP THE PGI BY THROUGH CREDIT LIMIT OR THROUGH CUSTOMIZATION.
27. How SAP support to the client to know the customer requirements?
Support to client- 1- implementation method
2- Correction method
28. Can we assign multi distribution channel to a single customer in sap SD sales process. If yes then how?
While creating customer we need to assign the customer to
The respective sales area, we should copy from previous
Sales area in XD01 through reference
29. what is the difference among sales deal promotion price, price agreement?
Sales deal promotion– specific product for a period of time price will be less than MRP.
Price agreement– means an agreement between customer and Vendor for a specific product or with a specific price mentioned in their agreement.
30. What is the difference between inbound and outbound delivery?
Out bound delivery— is Post goods Issue (PGI)
In bound delivery— is Post Goods Received (PGR)
PGI will come under Sales Area
PGR will come under MM Module
PGI decreases physical stock and PGR increases
31. From Which Tcode can I view customer wise back order (Open Order?)
32. What is retro active billing? Who is will create this?
Retro active billing means rebate process. When ever the customer reaches the target quantity or volume in specified time Peried. we issues the credit memo for the customer.
33. Where do you assign Movement Type?
We assign movement type in schedule line category.
34. Can anyone explain about Purchase Order & Purchase Requisition?
In third party if a customer places an order if the Material is not available in our company if the order Document is saved automatically purchase is raised.withthe help Of this purchase group is created
Purchase requisition— For production of material raw Materials are required, but materials are not available in Stocks, then the production dept. request send to the MM manage simply request him to arrange Materials for production of finished materials.
35. in one sales order there are two materials can maintain two different pricing procedures for these materials?
No, u cannot maintain 2 separate pricing procedure for same Material in single order. But u can change the price Manually by selecting the material and then the conditions Tab….u can also see the changed status as manually later
36. List the Basic Steps for SD configuration.
1. Enterprise structure
2. Partner determination
3. Master data
4. Business process customization
6. Output determination
37. HOW YOU CAN EXTENT THE REBATE? WHAT ARE THE PROCEDURES, WHAT IS THE CUSTOMISATION FOR IT?
The transaction coed for extend rebate is “VB (D” in that You should fill the field like recipient and rebate Agreement.
For customization same as create condition tables but Already there are standard tables and define accessequence And assign condition types. There are already standards are There like b001, b002, b003, b004 then assign pricing Procedure to condition type, next create account keys and Assign to rebate process type
38. What is accounting group?
Accounting group is simply the classification of customers, Whether its sp, sh, bp, or py, and it also controls the Fields in cmr.
39. What are the differences between invoice and billing document?
Billing Doc is the broad view Invoice (F2) is one of type of billing doc.
40. What is pricing? How will it affects the billing procedure?
Pricing has the basic price of the item. It also has the Discounts, Taxes, Rebates, & also the Cost of the item.
41. What is act key? And how it works? Normally how many pricing procedures do in implementation?
Account key determine a correct G/L account to be posted the data corresponding G/L accounts. You need to assign a G/L account to account key that is assigned to a condition type in a pricing procedure.
42. Tell me account key and accruals?
A/c keys determine a correct g/l a/c to be posted the data corresponding g/l a/c. All customer Rebate accounts are posted in accruals.
43. What is the docu.flow?
Post Goods Issue
44. What is the transfer order?
Transfer order is basically picking order where u pick the Material from storage and loading area or picking area
45. What is the purpose of text determination, account determination, partner determination, output determination, storage location determination
1. Text determination: For transferring information from material or customer to order/delivery or invoice (and anything in-between)
2. Account determination: For transferring financial and costing information to proper financial docs
3. Partner determination: for deterring who is legally responsible for A/R, who the goods are going to and whatever else you drive through this functionality.
4. Output Determination: What type of Output (Fax/Mail, etc) is required, where and in what Format (ABAP Customization may be required in some cases especially Invoices).
4. Storage Location Determination: depends on Plant, Shipping Point and Storage Conditions
46. What are the five imp fields to be maintained in account determination?
Sales org., A/c keys, condition type, a/c group for the customer, a/c group for the material
47. What is meant by transfer of data from legacy code to sap?
Before installation of SAP, Data maintained by Company is called Legacy Data. At the time of installation, it is required to transfer Data from Legacy to SAP like Masters (Material/Customer, etc).
48. What do you do really in pricing determination, and what are the main differences between one pricing procedure determination to the others, which data control these differences?
Pricing prosier determination—–Pricing is determined by combination of Sales Organization, Distribution Channel, Division, Customer Pricing Procedure and Document Pricing Procedure.
Pricing prosier—-Pricing prosier is the simple prosier of pricing .It identify different- 2 step, counter of condition.
49. What and where types of copy controls we change
Copy Control— is basically meant so that Data is copied from preceding Document to subsequent one. In general case of Standard Order, it will be Copy Control (Order to Delivery) from OR to LF.
50. How to and where to maintain copy controls
(Sales Document types and Delivery Document Types)
51. What is purpose of maintaining common distribution channels and common division??????
Common Distribution Channel and Common Division are maintained so that if any master data like customer or material maintained with respect to one distribution channel can be used in other DCh. It prevents the multiplication of master record
52. What is sales order Item category Determination n what is delivery Item Category determine?
53. Can you deference between contract & scheduling agreement?
Scheduling Agreement— is the agreement between consumer and
Company having fixed delivery dates and fixed quantity.
Contract— is the agreement between company and consumer for certain period of time.
54. What is PMIN?
PMIN is a Condition type to define minimum prices. It can be Control minimum prices below which a material should not be sold to the customer.
55. Explain About Dunning Procedure?
Dunning procedure is used in credit management if Customer does pay back his amount, then using this dunning Procedure Company sends reminders to customer then after
That company has to take legal action.
56. What is client requirement in Schedule Line Category?
Schedule line category is nothing but delivery date and Delivery quantity is must.
57. In how many places we can block the Sales Document?
Sales document can be blocked at three places depending on The customer risk categories, they are
1. Sales order level (high risk customer)
2. Delivery level (medium risk customer)
3. Goods issue level (low risk customer)
58. What is the Difference between Reconciliation A/C and Normal Posting A/c?
Manual entries can be posted in the normal G/L account and the same is not possible in the Reconciliation account, as these are automatically updated.
59. What happens if we check ‘exclusive’ indication in access sequence, and what happens if we do not check?
Basically access sequence finds the exact condition record in cond.table by search statuary with the help of exclusive indication.
60. Can anyone tell about types of free goods?
1) In paste: 25% extra more -it’s inclusive
2) When you buy paste you get a brush free, it’s exclusive.
61. What are the 16 steps in the pricing procedure?
Alt condition type,
Alt condition base value,
Act key and
62. Difference between plant and storage location?
A plant is a manufacturing unit and it is a place where Materials have to be kept.
Storage location is a place in plant, where in materials Has to be stored
63. Do u have any link for customer master and credit management?
We can maintain individual customer credit limit in customer Master. In t.code (fd32).we can define the total credit limit For sales area and credit limit for individual sales area.
64. Explain about sales order cycle?
65. What is the relation between sales organization and company codes?
Many to One
66.Sales order is created 1st November for 200 tooth pastes 100 brushes free of goods(2+1 free goods).At the time of delivery on 15th November you have shortage of brushes by 40. Offer closed on 15th November. How do you solve in this scenario?
At 15 Th Nov 40 shortage tooth paste have given 100% free Goods discount.Cond type is R100.
67. Can one create delivery with reference to the project?
68. What is the difference between cash sales and rush order?
In rush order if a customer places an order delivery will Take place immediately billing will be letter.
In cash sale if a customer places an order delivery and Billing will be on the same day.
69. How system picks up pricing while doing billing?
From Sales Order
70. Diff between business sale cycle nd customer sale cycles?
Contract is the business sale cycle and schedule line is the cust.sale cycle.
71. How do we control the credit checks with specific to distribution channel and division?
By assigning credit control area to specific sales area
72. CAN YOU CONFIGURE TWO DIFF FREE GOODS ITEMS FOR ONE SINGLE ITEM?
EXAMPLE- ON PURCHASING OF ITEM A U WANTS TO GIVE ITEM B & C FREE .IS IT POSSIBLE? HOW?
Yes it is possible by the exclusive free goods.
73. For the 1st 10 sales order I want to give discount, so what customization we have to do with
74. Can you delete order?
YOU CAN DELETE THE ORDER BUT THERE SHOULD NOT BE ANY TRANSCATIONS ON THE PARTICULAR ORDER.
75. MWST? Pl explains in detail.
MWST is Tax Condition Category which will be Assigned to Country IN.
76. What makes Listing & exclusion Work differently than each other?
Listing— only the materials which is applicable to the Customers.
Exclusion— The materials which is not applicable to the Customers
77. How to do customization of rebate processing in sap SD????
1-activate rebate in customer master data
2-selling material should be activated in MM data
3-sales org. should be activated
4-billing doc should be activated
78. Which partner function realent for credit limit?
Sold to party is relevant for credit limit
79. Name three areas/processes which use condition technique in SD?
Material determination, pricing determination, Output determination, Account determination.
80. Explain what a condition table and an access sequence are and the relationship between them?
Condition table defines the combination of fields (the key) that identifies an individual condition record.
Access sequence is a search strategy that the system uses to find valid data for a particular condition type.
81. What is a condition type? What are the two main groups of condition types?
Condition type is a representation in the system of your daily pricing activities. Fixed Amount & Percentage.
82. Which partner function is relevant when it comes to tax calculation in the sales order?
83. Where would you specify that a condition type is a discount or a surcharge?
In Condition Type Details Screen.
84. You want to list all condition records for a certain material or a certain sales organization. How would you do that?
By creating pricing Reports.
85. Can you explain what a statistical condition is? Give an example for a statistical condition?
86. For what do you use customer hierarchies?
87. Name the influencing factors for pricing procedure determination during sales order entry?
Customer, Sales Document Type and Sales Area.
88. Can you copy condition records? If yes, are there any restrictions?
Yes. Field specific.
89. Tax jurisdiction processing is a close link between which two modules?
FI & SD.
90. Can you delete an invoice?
No. You can cancel it and create cancellation document
91. When you create an invoice can you carry out pricing again?
92. From which documents can you create a Performa invoice?
Sales order or delivery.
93. When you create a credit memo request do you always have to refer to a sales order or any other previous document?
Only sales order.
94. Can you combine orders into one invoice?
95. Can you split deliveries into several invoices? When would you do that? Yes. If the data from the related reference the system will automatically split the invoice.
96. Can one business area be valid for several company codes?
97. There is an interface between SD and FI in invoicing. Can you think of another interface between SD and FI?
Credit check, Tax calculation, and Cost estimate. Plant
98. Can you partially settle rebate accruals?
99. Is it possible to link R/3 projects to the MS project?
100. What two ways of number assignment for documents or master data do you know? Explain the difference between them.
Internal & External.
101. Can you share master data between several sales areas?
102. What does the account group of the customer control?
Number assignment, Screen Layout.
103. What are the two influence factors for field selection for customer master record maintenance?
Account Group, Transactions.
104. Name at least five features that you can control for the sale document type?
Text, Partner, Pricing, Taxes, Output, Delivery.
105. Why do you have different sales document types in R/3?
For business transactions.
106. Name at least five features that you can control for the item category?
Pricing, Relevance for delivery, Relevance for billing, Incompletion log, Partner, Tax.
107. Name at least five features that you can control for the schedule line category? Relevance for delivery, Availability check, Transfer of Requirements, Goods Movement, Purchasing and Incompletion log.
127. Explain how the system can automatically determine the item category in the sales order.
Sales document type + Higher level Item category + Item category group + Item Usage.
128. Explain how the system can automatically determine the schedule line category in the sales order?
Item category + MRP type.
129. Once the system determined the item level schedule line category automatically in the sales order, can you still change it manually? Yes.
130. At which levels in the sales document can you have different incompletion procedures?
Sales Document Type, Item Category, Schedule Line Category, Partner Functions, Sales Activities.
131. What is the item category group? Where do you maintain it?
Item category group is define the features of item and it represent the’s the function and it how will work in sales process.
132. What do you control at item category level in the delivery?
Determination of Picking Location, Minimum Delivery Quantity.
133. Do you have schedule lines in the delivery? No.
135. What does the billing type control?
138. What is a partner type? Give some example?
Sp, sh, bp, py.
139. You want to set up a new condition type. Name the necessary steps you have to do if you want the system to determine the new condition type automatically during sales order entry?
Use this vk11 transaction code.
140. When you think of the five possible elements necessary for the account determining during posting of a sales invoice – where from does the system get the information?
Chart of a/c group, customer a/c group, material a/c group, sales org., and a/c keys.
141. Name the necessary steps to setup a route?
Define the transportation connection points
Define the modes of transport and shipping type
142. During route determination the system also needs to know the departure Zone of the goods to be shipped. How does this information come into the sales order?
143. Where do you assign text determination procedures for customer master records and for documents?
Account Group, Item Category.
144. Can you make texts mandatory for a customer master or a sales document? Yes.
145. Give examples for standard output types in SD.
Order Confirmation, Delivery Note, Invoice.
146 .Can you specify when output should be created? If yes, what possibilities do you have?
Yes. Print out, Mail, EDI, Fax.
147. What does the material type control?
148. What is the purpose of the request number which is generated when u save a customization??
That is used to move your non-cross client customizations.
149. What is the difference between General Item Category Group and Item Category Group?
Item category group— is used for SD to configure the item Category and how this item behaves in sales order.
General Item category group— determines the category of the Item like, trading goods, service goods, finished goods Etc…
150. In which scenario order and billing has different pricing procedure?
When we use rebate.
151. What is the use of update groups in credit management?
Update group check the how many orders are open &order Reference, how many orders are open in delivery and delivery Reference, how many orders are open in billing.
152. Explain how diff between ITEM and schedule line sales document?
ITEM:-In this the system shows all the details of the Item, like material, pricing, or it may be free good, ship-to-Party, batch, etc.
SCHEDULE LINE:-It is about delivery date and delivery Quantity.
153. If you generate bill more than credit limit then what will happen?
How can you go for billing? System will block at order level Or delivery level only.
155. Can one have multiple packing for delivery?
Yes we cam do multiple packing for delivery
156. Can we rename movement types?
We cannot rename movement types
158. How we maintain one material at a time for two company codes?
We have to extend the material from one plant to another Plant
159. Basic elements of condition technique?
There are 5 basic elements of condition technique:
1. Creating condition table(s),
2. Access Sequence,
3. Condition Type,
5. Placing the Condition type in the Procedure.
160. Is it possible to automate output processing?
Yes, we can use output determination procedure to automate Output processing. This is based on Condition technique. We Have to assign the output determination procedure
162. What are the Steps in consignment processing?
Company fills the goods at customer site, Still it is the property of company, is called as Consignment fill up, (CF)
When the customer consumes the material company issues the Invoice is called as consignment issue (CI)
If the customer finds that he got any material defective he Returns is called as consignment return (CR)
Which is not sold by the consumer, the company will pick This stock consignment Pick up (cp)
163. What are the Techniques in delivery scheduling?
Backward scheduling & forward Scheduling.
Backward scdg– System calculates Requested delivery date.
Forward Scheduling— If the material is not avl. On that date the system calculates the earliest possible delivery date based on the material avl. Date.
164. What is the difference between condition type EK01 and EK02?
EK01 IS A CALCLATED COST EK02 IS ESTIMATED COST
166. How to stop PGI?
Use the credit management
167. Is it possible to create new sales order types?
Yes it’s possible to create a new sales order type but Generally it is advised to copy standard one and proceed as It is connected in so many places
168. Is it possible to change existing standard item categories?
Yes, its is possible in SAP but u never do this method Because u have a lot of problems because suddenly u need for Standard functionality in this case u couldn’t remember
169. What are the delivery possibilities, when there is not enough stock available?
When there not enough stock system will give the next Delivery date by checking the availability of that quantity of Material.
170. What is Delivery group and what is its purpose?
Delivery group is grouping of all sub items to be delivery at one time. Mostly used in bill of materials.
IT IS MORE REQUIRED IN BOM WHEN U SPECIFY THE DELIVERY OF DIFF MATERIAL AT THE SAME TIME WHICH COMES UNDER A HEADER ITEM. LET’S SAY IF U WANTS TO DELIVER THE MONITOR OF PC TODAY, CPU TOMOROW ETC HOW IT WOULD BE? TO AVOID THAT WE SPECIFY THE DELIVERY GROUP SO THAT ALL THE SUB ITEMS UNDER HEADER ITEMS AREDELIVERED TOGTHER
171. What is Partner type? Example it?
One type of Partner– who supplies goods is called VENDOR.
One type of Partner– who Purchases from you is called CUSTOMER.
One type of Partner– who works for you is called Employee or Personnel.
One type of Partner– who helps in improving your business is Called CONTACT PERSON.
172. Item category group? Where you maintain it?
For standard material item category group is Norm
For Bom material item category group is Erla/lumf
For Third party material item category group is BANS.
173. What are the influencing factors for account determination for invoice?
Chart of a/c
AAG of customer
AAG of material
174. What is Condition type? Tell me the main groups?
A condition type is one which describes the what the purpose Of that condition types are used to define how the particular condition is going to perform.
175. What is pricing procedure?
Pricing procedure is a systematic and sequential use of Condition types to arrive at a right value of the product.
176. Explain the Steps to setup a route?
A Route is part of shipping which is determined
1. Departure Zone
2. Shipping conditions
3. Transportation Group
4. Transportation zone
177. What is Material type control?
Material type control is similar to account group control For customer master. The material type and the industry Are working helps to control the data Material.
179. Can we get deleted sales order numbers?
Firstly u cannot delete the sales orders once they are saved You can only cancel the sale order or reject the sale Order, in that case you can get the rejected sales order Numbers.
180. What is difference between the header level condition and item level condition?
Header level conditions are for the whole document, while Item level condition is for the particular item only.
181. What is main purpose of maintaining the master data?
Coz master data is responsible for all the records like Sales order, delivery and billing and as well as in Customer payments. It is mandatory
182. On what tax is calculated on base price or net price?
We can calculate tax on both (net price/gross price) as per Requirement because options are available
184. What is the difference between vk11 and vk31?
Tcode vk11 used for individual Maintenance of condition record And Tcode vk31 used for mass Maintenance of condition record
185. What is backorder processing or partial delivery?
While doing sales order the material is not available some Times at that time we give the delivery date if the goods available earlier than delivery date can go back with sales order and deliver the goods before first delivery date. This process called as Backorder processing.
186. What is the access sequence for header conditions?
Access sequence is a search strategy which finds the right Condition record from the condition table.
187. What is difference between the item proposal and dynamic proposal?
Item proposal— in which we will manual selects the items from the list of items for that particular customer,
It contains material and quantity what the customer regularly purchase. Next time if the customer comes and places an order system copies material and quantity from item proposal.
Dynamic proposal— sale order is raised items are automatically determined in that order.
188. What is material determination? Can you do two materials for one material?
Material Determination is nothing but an alt. material to the original material. With 2 materials we cannot swap.
189. Where do you maintain factory calendar?
Factory calendar is maintain in plant
Factory calendar is used to fix up the working dates and Holidays.
190. How many cons. Does u have in your project?
Depending upon client requirement. Generally we r using these Condition types.
Price – PR00
Tax – MWST
200. How is credit control determined?
Credit control is determined in the combination
COMPANY CODE + CUSTOMER RISK CATEGORY + CREDIT GROUP = CREDIT CONTROL AREA
One Company code can be assigned too many credit control areas And multiple company codes are not assigned to one credit Control area.