Read the most frequently asked 50 top PLSQL multiple choice questions and answers PDF for freshers and experienced
PLSQL Objective type Questions and Answers List
1. Which of the following statements is true about implicit cursors?
A. Implicit cursors are used for SQL statements that are not nameD.
B. Developers should use implicit cursors with great carE.
C. Implicit cursors are used in cursor for loops to handle data processing.
D. Implicit cursors are no longer a feature in OraclE.
2. Which of the following is not a feature of a cursor FOR loop?
A. Record type declaration.
B. Opening and parsing of SQL statements.
C. Fetches records from cursor.
D. Requires exit condition to be defineD.
3. A developer would like to use referential datatype declaration on a variablE. The variable name is EMPLOYEE_LASTNAME, and the corresponding table and column is EMPLOYEE, and LNAME, respectively. How would the developer define this variable using referential datatypes?
A. Use employeE.lname%typE.
B. Use employeE.lname%rowtypE.
C. Look up datatype for EMPLOYEE column on LASTNAME table and use that.
D. Declare it to be type LONG.
4. Which three of the following are implicit cursor attributes?
5. If left out, which of the following would cause an infinite loop to occur in a simple loop?
B. END LOOP
6. Which line in the following statement will produce an error?
A. cursor action_cursor is
B. select name, rate, action
C. into action_record
D. from action_table;
E. There are no errors in this statement.
7. The command used to open a CURSOR FOR loop is
D. None, cursor for loops handle cursor opening implicitly.
8. What happens when rows are found using a FETCH statement
A. It causes the cursor to close
B. It causes the cursor to open
C. It loads the current row values into variables
D. It creates the variables to hold the current row values
9. What is the maximum number of handlers processed before the PL/SQL block is exited when an exception occurs?
A. Only one
B. All that apply
C. All referenced
10. For which trigger timing can you reference the NEW and OLD qualifiers?
A. Statement and Row
B. Statement only
C. Row only
D. Oracle Forms trigger
11. PL/SQL subprograms, unlike anonymous blocks, are compiled each time they are executeD. True or False?
12. Subprograms and anonymous blocks can be called by other applications.
13. A nested subprogram can be called from the main procedure or from the calling environment. Trueor False?
14. When modifying procedure code, the procedure must be re-executed to validate and store it in thedatabasE.
15. Which of the following can be used as an argument for a procedure parameter?
A.The name of a variablE.
B.A literal valuE.
D.All of the abovE.
E.None of the above
16. If you don’t specify a mode for a parameter, what is the default mode?
17. Which kind of parameters cannot have a DEFAULT value?
18. What are the three parameter modes for procedures?
A.IN, OUT, IN OUT
B.R(ead), W(rite), A(ppend)
C.CONSTANT, VARIABLE, DEFAULT
D.COPY, NOCOPY, REF
19. Which one of the following statements about formal and actual parameters is true?
A.Formal and actual parameters must have the same namE.
B.Formal and actual parameters must have different names.
C.A formal parameter is declared within the called procedure, while an actual parameter is declared in thecalling environment.
D.An actual parameter is declared within the called procedurE.
20. What is the correct syntax to create procedure MYPROC that accepts two number parameters X and Y?
A.CREATE PROCEDURE myproc (x NUMBER, y NUMBER) IS …
B.CREATE PROCEDURE (x NUMBER, y NUMBER) myproc IS …
C.CREATE PROCEDURE myproc IS (x NUMBER, y NUMBER) …
D.CREATE PROCEDURE IS myproc (x NUMBER, y NUMBER) ….
21. Functions in PL/SQL are a collection of ________and PL/SQL statements that perform a task and should return a value to the calling environment.
A. Microsoft SQL Server
C. Query language
D. IBM DB2
22. As a procedural language by definition, PL/SQL provides several iteration constructs, including basic LOOP statements, WHILE loops, ________, and Cursor FOR loops.
A. Imperative programming
B. Programming language
C. Control flow
D. For loop
23. The StepSqlite product is a PL/SQL compiler for the popular small database ________.
B. Java (programming language)
C. Mozilla Firefox
24. PL/SQL is available in Oracle Database (since version 7), TimesTen in-memory database (since version 11.2.1), ________ (since version 9.7).
A. IBM DB2
B. IBM PureQuery
C. IBM Informix
D. Microsoft SQL Server
25. The Fyracle project aims to enable the execution of PL/SQL code in the________ Firebird databasE.
A. Open source
C. Free software
D. Open-source software
26. PL/SQL (Procedural Language/Structured Query Language) is________’s procedural extension language for SQL and the Oracle relational databasE.
A. Intel Corporation
B. Oracle Corporation
27. PL/SQL functions analogously to the embedded procedural languages associated with other ________.
A. Relational model
B. Database normalization
C. Relational database
D. Relation (database)
28. This resembles usages in object-oriented programming languages like________, C++ and Java.
A. Pascal (programming language)
B. Free Pascal
C. Object Pascal
D. Embarcadero Delphi
29. The structure of a PL/SQL package closely resembles the basic Pascal program structure or a ________ unit.
A. Free Pascal
B. Lazarus (software)
C. Embarcadero Delphi
D. Turbo Pascal
30. What is the maximum number of ELSE clauses that can be included in an IF clause that is not nested?
D. Any number